Monday 24 January 2011

Location: The Mother Road

The Mother Road 1

The Mother Road 2

The Mother Road 3

The Mother Road 4

The Mother Road 5

Sometimes I think that because I do location shots for the blog, the locations get a little ignored, because I'm staring at shoes, or some fabulous jacket or hat...or focussing on getting a shadow in the right position.

So, I thought I'd change things up a bit, by doing what might turn out to be a series of posts on the locations I use for my blog. Some kindly folks, in my comments here on the blog and on Flickr have mentioned locations or asked about them recently, and I admit it'll be nice to have a little break from styling once a week or something, so I can just sit around in my underpants drinking tea and eating chocolate hobnobs :-)

I started with this location - The Mother Road, because I love it and it deserves tribute for offering a multitude of options for style and photo's in one place. I heart it bigtime!!

As a sidenote, all of the shots are raw snapshots, with just a border added, except the car picture to which I added some headlight glow. I've used a sunset windlight setting and had SL shadows enabled.

SLURL

5 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures Dailyn! Loved this place ever since you send me the LM! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, great idea and great photos! Did you turn on shadows and play with windlighting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics Dailyn. I still haven't figured out how to turn shadows on. Runs off to search for a video on how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samara - Thank you, and yes =) That's exactly what I did ^^
    KiSMeT - Happy to share my limited knowledge with you in-world if you want to chat anytime =)

    ReplyDelete